Monday, June 21, 2010



Shall I just keep going with the Oil Spill topic?
It seems to be the most important at this time......

So also in the PBS show I watched they talked about the health concerns from cleaning up the oil. How is it effecting the workers? The workers from the Exxon Valdez spill of 1989 have had lots of medical conditions arise. But no one has bothered to research them or the effects of having to clean up the oil. It amazes me the more and more I learn about this spill and all the things that have gone so wrong. Why has a better system not been put in place. Why hasn't someone already thought about how to stop a pipe if it busts? Why are there not more rules and regulations for the oil drilling in the first place? I have so many unanswered questions! Like "will I have to explain to my grand-children that at one time you could actually swim in the ocean!" Will we make it until I see my grand-children? I wish there was something I could do. Something to make people in power see what they are setting themselves up for. Disaster, we are all headed blindly into it. Is it too late? Or can we still make a change? Will we make a change?

No comments:

Post a Comment