Monday, June 21, 2010



Plastic grocery bags have been on the radar for many years as a completely avoidable form of consumer waste. But the first layer of packaging that goes around products do not get quite as much attention, despite it being just as wasteful in many cases. A London grocery store is setting a new precedent by eliminating
packaging from all of the products in their store, saving the environment and saving customers money at the same time.


So my re-newed hope in our world is found on webecoist.com. There I read an article about this London store who's making you bring your own bags and containers. That way there is no waste from the plastic used to package things too. I wish we could start something like that in our own towns. If just one store out of every town in America would start this trend imagine the plastic we would save from ending up in a landfill. I have recently started taking my own re-usable bags with me. Sometimes I forget and when I see all the bags they waste it makes me wanna kick myself. Or bag my own groceries!!!

Then in Concord Mass., they have banned the sale of plastic bottles. They are the first town in the US to do such a thing. It just takes one person making a change, to do great good. If we could all just get on the same page with this, it could make a huge impact. Now I just have to think of my thing. I need to find a way to make a difference all by myself. One person can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment